Work just extended it’s travel restrictions to March 31, 2021, which is safe and I certainly don’t disagree with their decision, but I’m pretty bummed out. My outlets are rooted in exploring new places. I live to explore. I can still explore, but on a different medium that unfortunately doesn’t give the same amount of a recharge as travel does. I’m actually not talking about gaming, but I can see how one would think that. I’ve been spending more time exploring myself. As I’ve mentioned in my previous post, I have been working on incorporating weight training into my habits, but that’s not the only thing I’ve been working on. I’ve been putting in extra time to work on my skill sets, the one’s that pay me. 😉 During my down time, as entertainment, I’ve even found myself watching other people code, though this is more directly a result of boredom and a mix of not wanting to “waste” my time. I’m bored with Netflix and other media that doesn’t offer me any value.
To prevent my eventual burn out, I’ve been making time on the weekends seeking the “new” in Maryland. This past weekend, I decided to explore what is the Fredrick City Watershed, which I previously thought was land meant for hunters, but in reality had been primarily used for mountain biking.
Entering the the Park, I drove for a bit, picked a random trail with parking next to it, and just started hiking. Eventually, with enough distraction free time to myself, I pulled out my phone to see where I was. Google showed nothing so I opened Gaia, which has some pretty extensive map capabilities and saw a binocular icon not too far way from me so decided to go see what it was. To my surprise, it was a viewpoint that I’ve never been to before.
This is approximate, not exact. Look for a light blue blazed trail.
|Trail Name||Catoctin National Recreation Trail|
(Light Blue Blaze)
|Hike Length||5 Miles (Out & Back)|
- The drive is pretty bumpy.
- There is a sign and a gate by the entrance of the park that I think is there to scare off people because it is incorrect. The sign basically says there is no outlet, but there are multiple.
- The location I parked has about enough space for two cars, though this is not the only access point.
- I recommend you download the app, Gaia. You don’t have to pay to use this app. There is a free map that provides you what you need.
- The route is extremely customizable.
- I had Verizon service here.